All of you with children - be prepared to laugh manically at me right now.
1. Holy crap, am I tired. Seriously. In the past (nearly) two weeks, I have fallen asleep eating dinner three times.
2. How do you manage if you already have one (or more) at home? I can barely take care of myself, let alone any other child?
3. SEriously - how is it possible to be THIS tired and still not sleep? Every morning, about 2:30, I get up to go pee and then I am WIDE AWAKE! Let's go! Let's do something! Laundry? Clean the kitchen? Watch more TV? Play on the computer? Wonder why people aren't updating their blogs at that insane hour? Come ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Let's go! Let's do ALL of these things!!!
Please tell me this insomnia crap gets better...at least give me some inkling of hope that maybe for 2 or so months, it will be better??
4. Morning sickness is NOTHING like what I thought it would be. In my past life every time I have puked, it has a very distinct pre-puking feeling. This? Yeah, not so much. There is no "pre-puking" warning. It's all of a sudden - SPRINT toward the bathroom.
5. HOw is it that the very THOUGHT of food makes me vomit? Just the thought. No tasting, no smelling (don't get me wrong - that can do it too) but the whole thought of food? Let's see - things that have made me puke
a. Mark mentioning steamed broccoli.
b. Looking at the assorted home-made cream cheeses at work for bagels
c. And last week, when I couldn't sleep and I was watching Malcolm in the Middle at 4am, they mentioned something called blood sausages. I had never heard of them, but the thought of them made me gag. Then I puked. Then, in my infinite brilliance, I went to work and g00gled them. BIG mistake. HUGE. Seriously? Why would you eat such a thing???
6. Any possible "glow" that pregnant women have - that's all crap, right? Or does that come later on? Because the only glow I can think that I might have is from leaning over the toilet.
7. I would like to officially request that pre-natals please come in a more appetizing flavor than what I think closely tastes like dirt. My doc gave me 6 different types to try. The first 2 boxes? One resembles dirt. The second - yeah, pretty much dirt. Yes, I take them in the evening. Because god knows I can't swallow dirt first thing in the morning.
I am off to try and get some sleep.
If any of you feel like updating your blogs, it is fairly safe to think that I will be visiting between 2:30 and 4:30am.
p.s. - the time is now 3:39 am. I am awake and visiting blogs!
12 May 2008