13 October 2008
05 October 2008
I married my best friend.
There have been good times, great times, hard times...
and every single one has been completely worth it.
My husband supports me.
Laughs with me.
Laughs at me (becuase I'm a big ole' dork)
And let's me love him, laugh with him, laughs at him and help him.
Here's for many, many more.
Yesterday we spent the day at childbirth preparation class.
I wasn't prepared for the films. I had plenty of warnings from others about the grossness of the films but really, I wasn't prepared.
Placentas are quite gross looking.
I was amazed at the number of couples who didn't ask a single question. Really. Our teacher was quite good but do you really have NO questions?
I don't know how much I really want to do the whole natural birth thing. I knew that there were multiple stages of labor. But I didn't "know, know" that there were multiple stages of labor. So, I would like to ask tv shows and movies to show stuff a bit more realistically.
I wasn't prepared for the random emotions that would come forth. There were several times when I literally was wiping away the tears. Thinking back now, I have no idea what caused those but soemthing did.
Oh and seriously - placentas are gross looking.
28 September 2008
I haven't seen this one yet.
Bree over at Whine and Cheese did this one and it appears to be a funny one.
1. MY ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Vicki Aura
2. MY GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Mint Chocolate Chip Chocolate Chip (wow, that sounds yummy)
3. MY "FLY Guy/Girl" NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) M Moe
4. MY DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Dog (that sounds more like a gangsta name!)
5. MY SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Sally Hyannis (not bad)
6. MY STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) MoeMa (ummm....)
7. MY SUPERHERO NAME: (“The” plus 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Green Kahlua and Creme (if i'm not pregnant) or The Green Caffeine Free Diet Coke (if I am pregnant)
8. MY NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) George Joseph
9. MY STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy) Baby Powder Snickers (perfumes give me headaches since I got pregnant and before I was pregnant there was only one who didn't give me headaches - and I forget the name of it)
10.MY WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother's & father's middle names ) Ruth Howard
11. MY TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Phillips Philadelphia or Sorrels San Antonio
12. MY SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Winter Iris (again, more stripper'ish??)
13. MY CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Granny Smith Apple T-Shirty (why on earth am I never simple???)
14. MY HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) English Muffin Oak (i don't think I really have a favorite tree....so I just picked one)
15. MY ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your favorite hobby/craft, favorite weather element + “Tour") The Sleeping Rain Tour (hey, I'm pregnant....sleep is wonderful - it's 3:30 am and I am doing a meme....)
If you want to do this, feel free. I am tagging my new friend:
Margaret the Minsanthrope becuase she's new to blogging and we need to learn this vital inforamtion about her.
26 September 2008
For raw cookie dough.
Must have it.
Damn this not being able to consume raw eggs.
I just saw a blog entry for baking chocolate chip cookies and a commercial for the refrigerated pre-made stuff.
Here is my list of stuff I must consume as soon as possible after giving birth:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Kahlua and Cream
Hot Dog (which I normally don't like but maybe once a year but I would like one now)
Any and all type of cold cut sandwiches
And dare I mention that we think we have a name????
21 September 2008
I have less than 100 days till my due date.
I know, I've sucked lately with the blogging. It's been rough here - dealingw ith all the crap that comes with a hurricane. Friends and family without power. Work. Being generally exhausted.
I know that they say the 2nd trimester brings more energy. Hah. Really. Liars. I am either about to enter the 3rd trimester or just barely in it (depending on which book/chart you reference) and I am tireder than ever.
I am sleeping more through the night (at least, wehn I wake up to pee, I fall back asleep quickly), but I nap as often as I can. And that's pretty much as soon as I get dinner cooking during the week and on the weekends - as much as I can.
I'll try and be better....
HOly crap....less than 100 days. :)
16 September 2008
Dear someone who may or may not live in my house with me that shall remain un-named.
Yes, I know that we had 2 bags of cheese in the fridge over the weekend. I know it. One was comletely full and one was half full. The half full one we used when we made fajitas for the crap load of people who were over.
And Yes, I know the full bag (NEVER TOUCHED) bag of cheese is no longer in there. But instead of asking me 4 differnt times where it is and tearing apart the fridge, perhaps listening to me when I say that maybe "someone's" friend who tore apart the fridge to ensure he had all of his items that were labelled (and apparantly some that weren't labelled) is where the bag of cheese ended up might be smart. Just maybe.
I did not mysteriously use said bag of shredded cheese over night (regardless of how much I love cheese), nor did my friends who still don't have power take it. SOMEONE"S friend also took a 1/2 full package of sandwich sliced cheese and an onion.
I know its hard to admit that your friends were not the best of houseguests, but damn.
I did not:
an entire bag of cheese.
Signed, another person who may or may not live in the same house as you.