02 August 2007

I fell on my face....literally

Well, it's been quite the 2 days.

Yesterday has come and gone. I woke up this morning, my nose is GIANT, GINORMOUS, HUGE. I managed to scrape some of my face - on my right cheek, skin both knees and put some rather beautiful bruises on my knees as well.

We still do not know what happened.

Just got home from the doctor. Am being referred to a cardiologist to see if any add'l tests are needed. My doc seems to think that I got up too quick from bed and my blood pressure had a hard time adjusting.

Now for the "funny" details. I am not sure how much I alluded to this yesterday, but I actually fell WHILE SITTING ON THE TOILET. Yes. I did. When Mark came in and found me, my legs were on the side of the toilet and I was laying straignt on my stomach.

Blood was all around the right side of me. There was a large pool by my face. Splatters went all across the floor and onto the cabinet and door. (about 3-4 feet away).

My face? Well, it's red and swollen and road rash'y looking. My glasses don't sit right on my face. I can't lay on my right side. Putting the ice pack on my face hurts like a you-know-what. Doc said swelling could be there for 10-14 days and full bruising could set in starting tomorrow.

Yeah, life is frickin great.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nuthin' like passin' out OFF the toilet to make you feel like a woman!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! I hope that everything is fine and that you feel better and don't have to take any more tests. I fell off of a toilet once in high school. Luckily, I avoided major injury...or I think I did...I was too drunk at the time to remember!!

Heather said...

At least you have time to heal up before the wedding.
We need to come up with a good cover story... you know, something more womanly than "I fell off the pot." Hmmm... I know! There was this chick hitting on Mark in a bar and you told the little witch that he's taken. She wouldn't step off and you took her to the parking lot and told her what was what. That's when you say, "If you think this is bad, you should see her!" There! Now that's a good one! :o)
Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

This sounds like something that would have happened to me the week RIGHT BEFORE my wedding. If you haven't done the strawberries and rum thing yet, get Mark on that ASAP. Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better real soon! I actually passed out in the bathroom once, but nothing like your fall!

Take good care!

Gina said...

You poor baby!

I hope that you are ok and everything is ok. Of course, except for your swollenness, which apparently can't be helped!

Hugs to you, my dear...

AJsMom said...

Thankfully Mark was there to help you out. I would have totally been freaking out...hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Holy sea turtles! I hope you heal up fast and everything is okay. Take care.

TxGambit said...

Oh my gosh! You poor thing. At least you did it with class and grace.... Oh what? You were where?

Anyway, hugs! I hope you figure that out.

mommiebear2 said...

Holy cow, its like Elvis all over again!! Well, at least we still have you with us though.... ;)