04 May 2007

Ouch

Today, my eye started feeling irritated.

Then it hurt. Bad.

WEnt to new house to pick up new keys from locksmith. On way back to house saw eye doctor office. Went in. Discovered that for vision "emergencies" medical insurance covers the visit - not crappy ass vision insurance.

Sat in absolute pain as the vision tech-chick asked me to read the chart. I have told you my eye massively hurts. I told you I am seeing double. And you want me to read some damn eye chart? Screw you. (Could only read the top row)

Doc came in. Gave me wonderful anesthetic eye drops that after 8 seconds of intense burning, made all the pain go away. Then put some dye in my eye that made my tears turn red.

I have a 1/3 inch scratch right across the middle of my eye. From the edge of the blue straight across the pupil.

Antibiotic/steroidal eye drops for 7 days. Sunglasses as often as possible. No contacts for a month.

Oh yeah, and those anesthetic eye drops? yeah, just like the doctor said, they wear off in about 10 minutes.

I am sitting in the dark. Can't cook b/c that would require light in the kitchen. Computer doesn't feel too skippy either.

Tomorrow - off to start getting stuff ready at the new casa. Carpets cleaned. Cleaning crew coming in to scrub. Appliances. New mulch in the back yard. Fence pickets being replaced. Plug covers being replaced. A few boxes being stacked soemwhere.

All while wearing sunglasses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came down with iritis once - it hurt so bad - thought my eyeball was going to pop out.

Glad they figured out what it was!!!

Have you heard what the results were on your mammogram yet?

Heather said...

I was wondering about the mamogram, too. I've been thinking about you a lot and praying for you.

Anything wrong with eyes is a major pain. They're so sensitive. I hope it stays cloudy for you when you have to go out. That makes it much more bearable. I'm glad you have a cleaning crew coming iin for you and you don't have to do that. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Poor thing! There few things more uncomfortable than that.