18 March 2007

Misc. Stuff

1. The SHIFT key fell off my brand new laptop. Its amazing how much you use shift. I am having to re-think all my typing so I can use the shift key on the other side of the keyboard. I called Dell today and after talking to an absolute nitwit of an outsourced person from India and demanding 5 times to talk to a supervisor (she asked me if i could still connect to the internet with the problem I am having...HELLO??? Dumbass? how would my shift key falling off affect me conecting to the web???) Anyhow, they offer to send out a tech monday thru friday from 10-5. OK, don't work for me. I have a job. Another solution?? es, they will send me out a new keyboard that I can replace myself. HAHAHAHAHAHAH...I am good to turn the damn thing on. Next??? nothing. That's it. So after I cussed under my breath, the supervisor finally said i could upgrade my warranty for 20 or 30 bucks and they will come out during evenings or weekends. Dude...tell me this ahead of time please. So I had to email their sales department asking how to do this tomorrow.

2. I start my new job tomorrow. Very excited.

3. Had a great time at the rodeo.

4. Background information: whenever Mark and I are together with his folks, they usually drop subtle hints about marriage and kids. "Sigh...we'd LOVE to be grandparents", "You know our last name will end if Mark doesn't have a boy", "Margaret, your paretns are so lucky to have kids", etc. Mark blows it off, but I always feel...uncomfortable is the best word I have for it.

So last night, i was sitting between Mark and his dad. Mark's dad leans over and says "so, when are you two going to tie the knot?" Ummmmm....how do I answer that??? I said "You need to talk to Mark about that." I then waited a few minutes for the feeling of nausea to pass and whispered to Mark what he said. All he said was "well, that's dad".

Sigh...

3 comments:

ChrisB said...

Good luck with the new job

Anonymous said...

Margaret, anybody can replace a keyboard...yes, even you! If you want to tell me the kind of Dell you have and describe the key to me...I'll get you a new shift and it won't cost anything!!

Anonymous said...

I HATE talking to tech service. Good luck with that.

Mark's parents aren't very subtle are they? hee hee....