22 February 2008

Simple Act Of Kindness

I wrote a few days ago about Car Max and someone from Car Max actually commented on my blog.

Now, I am going to write about Purina Dog Food. And Pedigree Dog Food. And Iams. And any other dog food that I cannot think about. I hope one of you finds this and sees my request.

Purina
Pedigree
Iams

Whoever...
Please step up to the plate and provide this very kind Marine with a lifetime supply of dog food for his new best friend, Nubs.

To this Marine - Your small act of kindness is an amazing thing to me. I know you will never read this, but you are simply amazing. Thank you for what you do - both on the battlefield and for being you and saving this sweet puppydog.

And by the way - to whoever did that mean stuff to that puppy dog?? I truly and sincerely hope you rot in the bottomest depths of hell. After someone cuts off your ears and stabs you with a screwdriver.

This story has sat with me all day today. This story has affected (effected??) me more than I realized at first. It shows me about the goodness in people. The horribleness in people. The unwavering love of an animal. That an animal can see the good in people. That this wonderful, sweet dog found a wonderful, sweet Marine, in the very middle of a battlefield. AFter travelling miles they found each other again.

When the world sucks as much as it can suck, its the stuff like this that keeps me going. It's this type of stuff that makes me smile.

Marine - you are a fine man. You are a kind and wonderful soul who will have a new best friend who will be by your side for years.

Thank you for reminding me of some good.

And thank you for taking care of Nubs.

3 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

What a sad, but redeeming story. I hope that it gets some notice from the doggy companies!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story.

When my dad lived in the Middle East (the U.A.E) he found a box of puppies abandoned in a boatyard. They had all been abused. Only one survived and she was a great family pet for 12 years! (and by the way - that dog HATED anyone with a turban on his head. We figured that whoever abused her was definitely Arab)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this story. I love happy endings.
How's the new car?