20 July 2008

Seventeen Weeks, Some Odd Days

And completely and utterly uncomfortable already.

Spent Friday and Saturday limping and gimping around. After research online and calls to friends (i don't want to call the doc about this), it appears that Kidlet enjoys hanging out on my sciatic nerve in my left hip.

Today, I ate my normal lunch (chips, sandwich) and it completely filled me up way too soon (as in 1/2 the sandwich and a few chips). I am still completely uncomfortably full and believe that this baby is doing whatever it can to be as big as possible (stretching, jumping, etc) to poke into my ribs, my stomach and my side. Even though I can't feel them moving around yet.

And I have 23 more weeks to go!!!

I actually am laying on the floor and asking Kidlet to please let me get to some semblance of comfort just for a bit.

So far, completely not listening.

I love this baby!!! Completely stubborn, just like mom!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sciatic nerve - I am soo sorry. That is the absolute worst! Even after Caboose was born, it took about 3 weeks for mine to get back to normal. And fortunately for me - I didn't have pain, just complete numbness. I hope the kidlet moves soon!!!

AJsMom said...

I felt like I spent weeks on a heating pad trying to relieve my sciatica. Just keep reminding yourself what you get at the end of it all! Still thinking about you...

Unknown said...

ahh, you have my sympathy. But 17 weeks, that is fab! Are you starting to feel flutters and stuff occasionally??

Heather said...

Don't worry, you'll be hungry again in ten minutes. LOL! That's the beauty part of being pregnant- you must always be eating something! It's for the baby! ;O)
I always loved that full feeling. You can let it all hang out!

shay said...

Oh that darn sciatica! I had to see a chiro and ice...lots of ice...

Congrats on the 17 week mark! Can't wait to "meet" this babe of yours!

For the Love... said...

Ugggg my first pregnancy was the one with all the weird pains in strange places. The docs said it was muscles and other various parts stretching as the baby grew...

Ummmm this was a typo right:

"Even though I can't feel them moving around yet."

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are already this far. Babies cause their Moms a lot of pain, but it is so worth it. Soon as you hold him you'll forget all about this.

Anonymous said...

Sciatica pain sucks sweaty donkey balls. Hope you find some relief soon. Bribe the kidlet with some chocolate or something!

TxGambit said...

Ack! Sciatic nerve pain... Hang in there....

Once the little bit is born, you will feel a love like you just cannot even start to imagine. Yes you do now but aaawww it is like nothin else.

Anonymous said...

You need back rubs and a shuitsu massager! My cousin had that pain throughout most of her 1st pregnancy. I found a massager that she could sit on or lay on and it worked wonders! And about the tummy being full all the time - with my son (10lbs at birth) I never had morning sickness but I pretty much puked the entire last two months. He was so big, anything I ate he pushed up and out with his movements. It was really frustrating. I kept trying to eat quietly thinking he would sleep! Good luck and keep up the positive thoughts!!!