17 February 2008

Sshhh... don't tell Mark, but I have a new LOVE!

Don't tell my husband.

Seriously.

I have a new love.

Actually 2.



Do you have CarMax where you live? If not, then you cannot share in my LOVE of them.

Why do I love them???

Because they are buying my old car. My old car with 150,000 miles. My old car that needs some serious help. That should happen on Monday.

And they are giving me a really good deal on my old car. WAY more than any dealership would.

So, that's my first new love.

Second new love? I refuse to jinx it. I will not talk about this new love until everything is said and done on Monday.

Let's just say my new love is blue. *doesn't* have 150k miles on it. and a few other gadgets and gizmos.

*****

In the midst of all the haggling and looking at vehicles yesterday, I said to Mark "wow..honey... this is our first major purchase together"

To which he responds, "ummm... didn't we buy a HOUSE??"

Yeah, I guess that's kinda major.

14 comments:

TxGambit said...

Oooohhhhh, I am going to be in the market for a car in the near future. Carmax has been my plan! Glad to read this.

My tank just rolled over 160k. It is time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We used them years back and they were very kind to us. We had an ancient Suburban and the odometer had quit working after 200,000. The salesman actually encouraged the kids to crawl around in the cars we were looking at to make sure everyone was comfortable. We didn't get that kind of treatment or deals at other dealerships.

Anonymous said...

HA! It's amazing how a NEW LOVE can make you forget all sortsa things!!!!

Tami Wyatt said...

I love Car Max, too, but when I bought my car in 2000 I paid 18% interest. So caveat emptor, as I learned watching The Brady Bunch...(let the buyer beware.)

Anonymous said...

Do we get pictures of your new love?!?! Can't wait!

CarMaxChris said...

My name is Chris and I am the social media PR guy at the CarMax home office. Google Alerts notified me of your blog posting mentioning us. I love to read blogs from happy customers! I’m glad you had a great experience at one of our stores. I hope you tell your friends to visit CarMax or www.carmax.com!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Ooh, I was going to say your new love was a baby but the 150k miles thing threw me off.

Anonymous said...

vrooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Amy said...

wishing you the best of luck!

Heather said...

I'm going to look into carmax. Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see your new baby!!!!

Anonymous said...

I need help on my blog - taking a grandparents poll. Please stop by on the Chronicle site.
http://www.chron.com/channel/momhouston/commons/hotflashes.html

Hope to see you there

Anonymous said...

We'd sell our car. But it's still titled in NY state. And we can't find the title. And Texas won't give us a new one. And neither will New York. We are very disorganized.

shay said...

I am laughing so hard at your "major purchase" comment AND his responce lol.
I would have said something exactly like that - yay for blond moments.

and congrats on the new car...

dawn224 said...

haha. I once negotiated a deal on a house to make sure it came with the fridge b/c I knew I would stress way more on buying a fridge than the house.