Tonight, Mark, my mom, Mark's mom, Mark's dad, Mark's aunt and I all went out to dinner. (My dad went home early - long story as to why my mom was here w/o my dad).
At dinner, it took precisely 12 minutes (I timed it) for us having children to be brought up in conversation. This was the first time my mom has been around for the ganging up on us to have a kid.
they (being EVERYONE but us) have already decided:
1. We need two kids.
2. Preferably one boy and one girl
3. Twins would be fabulous
4. If we have a girl, that child will be spoiled with jewelry and cute little girl clothes.
5. Clothing will consist of little denim skirts with the ruffles on the thing that goes over the diaper (I've drawn a blank of the name of said item of clothing)
6. If we have a boy, said child will be spoiled with clothing and "boy stuff"
7. Clothing will consist of khaki pants and polo shirt looking one-sies.
8. Although having only one boy would mean the family name will carry on, if we have a girl that is PERFECTLY FINE.
9. As we were leaving the restaurant, they decided that if we have a girl, the baby WILL (and I cannot emphasize the "will" enough) have this:
Yes, they have already picked out a pink paisley carseat.
10. Nine months from RIGHT NOW is perfectly okay for us to have a baby.
11. Anytime that Mark and I would like to go out of town, we do not have to ask them to take care of the child (children) - all we have to do is call and say "Mom...." and then pause. They will be on the road RIGHT then.
Good thing they don't know that we are "trying"...they'd be tracking EVERYTHING, huh?