15 January 2008

Very Quiet, Part II

I have been quiet lately. Not sure why. Just ever so tired. Literally have never been this tired. (NO, I am not knocked up yet). Every day last week I was asleep before 9. Last weekend, I worked nearly every bit of it. I took a few hours off on Saturday and that's it.
I am at one of those points in my life where I need to get away. I am going to ask Mark to take me somehwere just for a weekend. Ask him to do everything. Make the kennel appointment for the dog. Figure out where we will go. Eveyrhting. I just need this. It's hard because everything everyone does irritates the crap out of me.
Mark is doing his best to be patient and understanding. He really is. God love him for not strangling me. I would have strangled me.
Unfortunately, the next few weeks are tied up. We have my niece and nephew for the entire weekend. (Please think good thoughts that we come out of this still wanting kids!! - kidding). Next weekend we are having a crap load of people over. In the midst of all this, work will be getting more and more hectic until the 2nd week in february. Maybe then....
There is a place in Galveston that I am interested in going to. We went there a few times growing up. It is a condo type place with a full kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc. I want us to pack a cooler and just "be". Sit on the porch, stare at the water and just BE. Maybe we will watch movies, maybe we will walk on the seawall. I dunno. But I just want to BE. I don't want to be Margaret who is working her ass off. Or Margaret who's laundry is literally overflowing and doesn't know when to do it (note: should be doing it isntead of blogging this senseless post).
Why Galveston? It's close. And a vacation that is close is a vacation that gives me more time on vacation. the less time travelling the more time I spend just being ME.
So, sorry I have sucked about commenting and even reading.
Hugs to you all.

11 comments:

Gina said...

Hugs right back to you, babe! I hope you start feeling better soon, despite all the stuff coming up!

Badness Jones said...

Being a grown-up...having a job, being responsible for a house, a dog, a husband....it can just suck the life right out of you sometimes, can't it? I think we've all been there, and it sucks. I'm sorry you're down right now, and hope you get that lovely weekend away really soon.

Big hugs! Don't worry about reading....my place has been really boring lately!

For the Love... said...

Oooofff...Hope you shake off the funk and start feeling better soon...

Anonymous said...

Hugging..still haven't stopped since last we 'spoke'...

Feel better soon.

Phoenix said...

I am so with you on the tired and the busy. I hope you get to have a vacation. A town close by means that it's not such a big deal to get there and that is part of a relaxing weekend. My best friends once gave their kids to her mom and spent a weekend in a hotel, sleeping and chilling. They said it was the best money they'd ever spent.

Just remember nieces and nephews are great....but yours will start out tiny newborny...so it's not quite the same thing. Basically I'm telling you to not change your mind, even if they aren't easy. :)

Heather said...

I hope you and Mark have a nice getaway soon. It can really do wonders!
A lot of people don't like Galveston, but I love it. I have such great memories of family vacations down there, and it's also where Mike proposed to me! My family likes a particular group of condos down there too. Now is a good time to go. Cheaper and not that many people there.
Feel better, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

You should definitely go and BE in Galveston. Close enough to get home if you have to, far enough to put some distance between you and your stress. Go for it.

Amy said...

sending you some blog love! hope things get better for you soon. take care.

Anonymous said...

A get away is good. Make it soon before you become too over-whelmed to enjoy it! (HUGS)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Big hugs to you Margaret! I hope that you will feel revived and refreshed soon. It sounds like you have the perfect break planned.

Mary said...

Hope you feel better and that you get your weekend away real soon :)