03 December 2007

No it's not mine....

I went out to lunch today with three co-workers.

If you don't have Panera Bread where you are - it's a yummy place. Part bakery (not on my diet), part cafe'. It's a yummy place. Good soup. Good sandwiches. Overall - very yummy.


After ordering my bowl of chicken noodle soup and half a turkey sandwich, I put my number on my table and went to the bathroom.


Overall, the bathroom was filthy. Gross. One stall had toilet paper all over the floor, toilet seat protector still on the toilet. Just nasty.


I went to the other stall.


Where I found...



On the floor....



Ready???











Are you sure????















Really, are you ready????
















I was disgusted. With a capital D.

And yes, it was used.

And no, I didn't check to see if it was positive. (one of my co-worker's first question)

And no, it wasn't mine.

Any ideas as to why Panera bread would have this on their floor? An employee? A teenager who was skipping school and wanted the free wi-fi to login to while waiting for the results?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! My! Gah!

Poor woman. Looks positive and she left it there...on the floor...

What did she think her 17 year old boyfriend would find it there?

Oh. I'm dying.

By the way, Panera? My FAVORITE place for an asiago bagel and an asian chicken salad.

I gave you a little sumpthin' today.

Badness Jones said...

She may have dropped it in shock, and run screaming from the room....gotta consider the possibilities! LOL!

Now I'm hungry...We don't have Panera, but I stocked up at the best bagel place in the city last week....

Mary said...

OMG! That is nuts! I would have had to check it though (no, I wouldn't have touched it but I would have had to check!!)
I *heart* paneara!

Anonymous said...

Oh gag! That is so disgusting. I have such a hard time eating at a place that has disgusting bathrooms. Hope you talked to the management!

http://anticsofacrazymom.typepad.com

TxGambit said...

First of all, LOVE Panera!

Second, eeewwww..... but, yeah I would have had to look at it. Not touch, just look.

But, eeewwww....

Heather said...

That is up there on the yuck scale, but I think I've mentioned before finding very, um... interetsing and equally gross things when I used to clean the local movie theaters. I also work in a school... nothing shcoks me anymore. LOL! Nonetheless, GROSS!!!

shay said...

ARe you serious?! What? And on the bathroom floor?

I've never heard of Panera. Sounds YUM! (well except for the restrooms of course). I also have to stay away from my beloved breads:(

Jessica said...

Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

You told the manager about it right? In college I worked at a ritzy restaurant in Boston and we found a loaded .45 in the ladies room. Freaky deaky. Phyllis