29 November 2007

Saying good bye

I cannot imagine how hard it was for my co-worker to say goodbye to his wife today...for one last time. For the final time.

I know she will be watching over him. And their three beautiful children.

I know he will be okay because of his faith, his family and his friends.

But here's the deal. I believe in God. I believe in a higher power. And I belive that He has plans for each and every one of us.

And I have to believe that to leave behind a 7 year old, 4 year old and 17 month old, he REALLY needed Julie.

Do me a favor, please hug your wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, son, daughter, mother, father, whoever - a little tighter tonight. OK?

8 comments:

Mary said...

I'm new to your blog and clicked on the link in this post. What a reality check. Totally makes you think. I will certainly hug mine a little longer.
What a beautiful family they are. I too try to believe that God has a plan but often wonder what his plans are when he takes people like this so early.

TxGambit said...

I can not imagine how difficult it is but faith will give them strength.

Thoughts and prayers for their continued healing as they say good-bye to her but not forever.

Amy said...

such a sad story. i will keep her family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Seems to all be happening at once...your coworker, the baby I posted about, and now Hubby's uncle had a massive stroke yesterday morning. I just have to remember the scripture that "all things work for good to those who love the Lord." I pray your coworker finds the hidden strength to persevere.

Badness Jones said...

sniff...gonna go hug them all now.

Anonymous said...

Ack. I didn't need to see that...

I sent my love.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Houston gal too who was in a VERY similar situation over 14 years ago. I lost my husband to cancer in 1993 and I've been raising my 3 kids alone ever since. They were 5, 2 and 6 weeks when their dad died. It hasn't been easy in the least, but we made it (so far). I'm finally getting remarried again in March after waiting for "Mr. Right" to come along for so many years. Tell your friend time does heal but his children will provide the ointment that will make the scars much less noticable.

Anonymous said...

Constant prayers. Sometimes we can only wonder why...