31 January 2007

Works for Me Wednesday


This is my first Works for Me Wednesday!
I moved into my townhouse about 2 1/2 years ago. When I moved out of my house that I lived in with my ex, I moved out rather suddenly. Meaning - I pretty much left with what I could carry and went back and got my animals. So, he "packed" all my stuff for me.
Everything got tossed into boxes. No organization, no nothing. Just tossed.
When I moved into my new place, I went through everything quickly, got out what I wanted to have in my new place and left eveyrthing else - still in boxes.
Now I am getting ready to move (June!!) into a house with my boyfriend. Every time he comes over to my house, he sighs when he sees my garage.
So, this weekend, my 10 year old niece is coming over to help me clean out my garage. This is a great way for me to actually get it done, but also spend time with her. Being 10 sucks. Especially if you have a 3 1/2 year old brother. But being 10 and getting to spend the weekend at your aunt's house, order pizza, eat Mexican food - whatever. That's fun. And for the 30-something year old aunt - doing all that is fun too.
And that's why cleaning out my garage in anticipation of my move and spending time with my niece - it all Works For Me!!
So, sorry if my first WFMW is kinda lame. I promise to do better. Or at least try to do better.
In the meantime, for REAL Works for Me Wednesday hints - visit Rocks in My Dryer

5 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome to WFMW! I like your idea. Sometimes you need a little extra help and enlisting the kids and making it fun for both of you is a great way to do it!
Look forward to reading you more!
(To do the hyperlink, highlight the words you want to make 'linky', click on the little globe with the chain link on it, type in the url and click okay.)

MamaEscandon said...

i always get my little sister (16) to help me when I move!!! Thats what they're there for right??? :o)

Unknown said...

Great! Your neice will love it. You will love it too!

I'm so glad I'm not moving! I love the new place. I hate the whole process!

Good luck.

Mari
Slowing Down
Franklin Foto
Come visit me. I'm a nice girl!!

Jill said...

That sounds like a great weekend to me! I have my 13 year old cousin come to visit me every summer and we have a blast!

heidi @ ggip said...

I don't think it's lame. It's a win-win situation. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I DID feel a little weird myself using those facial cleansing cloths for cleaning, but it was such a time-saver and re-use of an item, that it is worth being strange!
Peace.